Open as PDF
ADJUSTING THE SPEAKER BALANCE DURING PLAYBACK
The speaker settings configured by YPAO (page 21) are suitable for most conditions. However, depending on room
conditions or listening position, you may need to adjust the speaker balance manually. This adjustment is important
because it brings out the maximum effect of the DSP program, and faithfully reproduces the acoustic characteristics of
Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital and DTS. You can adjust the speaker balance using test tones or
Since the following procedures base on the volume level of the front speakers, you cannot adjust the front speaker’s L/R balance with
these procedures. To adjust the L/R balance of the front speakers, refer to “Configuring Various Parameters (Set Menu)” (page 75).
• Disconnect the headphones from the SILENT CINEMA jack on the CinemaStation before starting the setup procedure.
• Adjust the speaker balance at your listening position with the remote control.
1 Press AMP.
2 Press TEST.
The CinemaStation starts to output test tones.
While a test tone is output from the front left
speaker, press VOLUME +/– to adjust the
volume to appropriate level.
4 While a test tone is output from the speaker
you want to adjust, press or to adjust it
to the same volume level as the front left
The name of the speaker currently outputting a test
tone appears in the CinemaStation display.
Test tones are output in the following order:
When you finished the adjustment, press TEST.
• The volume level adjustment range is –10 to +10 dB.
• If you raise the volume level of the center and/or surround L/R
speakers to +10 dB and this is still less than the front speaker,
set “F. Level” to –10 dB in the Set Menu (page 77) and carry out
this procedure again.
• If “CENTER” is set to “NON” in the Set Menu (page 77), you
cannot adjust the center speaker volume.
• If “SUR.” is set to “NON” in the Set Menu (page 77), you
cannot adjust the surround speaker volume.
• If “BASS” is set to “FRONT” in the Set Menu (page 77), you
cannot adjust the subwoofer volume.
• The test tone output from the subwoofer is different from the
others, but this is not a defect.
Adjusting the Speaker Balance During Playback
Adjusting the speaker balance with
A B C D E
ON SCREEN MENU
MOVIE MUSIC SPORTS GAME
Front (R)Front (L)