Open as PDF
You can enjoy movies or music with various sound effects produced by the specified speakers.
You can use Matrix 6.1 to produce virtual surround back
sound from your left and right surround speakers, creating
a realistic sense of surround back sound (sound that travels
from directly in front of the listening position to directly in
back of it). When you play a 6.1ch source such as a Dolby
Digital Surround EX or DTS-ES disc, you can enjoy
Dolby Digital plus Matrix 6.1 or DTS plus Matrix 6.1
sounds without adjusting any settings. Also, you can enjoy
5.1 channel sources with Matrix 6.1.
1 Press AMP.
2 Press MATRIX 6.1 to select the mode.
Each time you press the button, the mode changes as
When playing back a 6.1 channel source (Dolby
Digital Surround EX or DTS-ES), the sound is
automatically switched either to Dolby Digital plus
Matrix 6.1 or DTS plus Matrix 6.1 audio. If you
play a 5.1 channel source with this mode, a virtual
surround back speaker is not created.
• Matrix 6.1
Select this mode to play a 5.1 channel source with
Matrix 6.1. Sound outputs from a virtual surround
The Matrix 6.1 decoder is not enabled. Even if you
play a Dolby Digital Surround EX or DTS-ES disc,
no sound outputs from the virtual surround back
When the Matrix 6.1 decoder is working, “MATRIX” lights up in
the CinemaStation display and “6.1” appears beside the DSP
program name (e.g. “Action 6.1”).
• Some Dolby Digital Surround EX or DTS-ES discs do not
contain a signal (flag) that CinemaStation cannot recognize
automatically. To play this type of disc with 6.1ch sound, press
MATRIX 6.1 to select “Matrix 6.1”.
• Turning on the CinemaStation automatically sets the parameter
• In the following cases, 6.1ch sound playback is not available.
– “SUR.” is set to “NON” in the Set Menu (page 77).
– Stereo playback is selected (no sound field effect) (page 63).
– Headphones are connected to the SILENT CINEMA jack
on the CinemaStation.
– A Dolby Digital KARAOKE source is being played.
– The DSP program is set to “5ch Stereo” (page 26).
– Dolby Digital or DTS is set to “SUR. STANDARD”
Enjoying Sound with Specific Speakers
Enjoying 6.1/5.1ch sources with all
speakers including a virtual
speaker (Matrix 6.1)
A B C D E
ON SCREEN MENU
MOVIE MUSIC SPORTS GAME