Open as PDF
About media that can be played
Use only compact discs with the label side showing the CD logo
If you use unspecified compact discs, correct performance cannot
You can play CD-Rs (CD-Recordables)/CD-RWs (CD-ReWritables)
which have been recorded only on audio devices. You can also play
CD-Rs/CD-RWs containing MP3/WMA/AAC formatted audio files.
• Some of the following CDs may not play on this unit:
Flawed CDs, CDs with fingerprints, CDs exposed to extreme
temperatures or sunlight (e.g., left in the boat or this unit), CDs
recorded under unstable conditions, CDs on which a recording
failed or a re-recording was attempted, copy-protected CDs
which do not conform to the audio CD industry standard.
• Use discs with MP3/WMA/AAC files written in a format
compatible with this unit. For details, see
• ROM data other than audio files contained in a disc will not
produce sound when played back.
Protecting the USB connector
• Only a USB memory iPhone/iPod can be connected to the USB
connector on this unit. Correct performance using other USB
products cannot be guaranteed.
• If the USB connector is used, be sure to connect it to the unit by
using a USB extension cable (supplied). A USB hub is not
• Depending on the connected USB memory device, the unit may
not function or some functions may not be performed.
• The audio file format that can be played back on the unit is MP3/
• Artist/song name, etc., can be displayed; certain, special
characters may not be correctly displayed.
On Handling USB Memory
• To prevent malfunction or damage, note the following points.
Read the USB memory Owner’s Manual thoroughly.
Do not touch the terminals by hand or metal.
Do not subject USB memory to excessive shock.
Do not bend, drop, disassemble, modify or soak in the water.
• Avoid usage or storage in the following locations:
Anywhere in the boat exposed to direct sunlight or high
Anywhere the possibility of high humidity or corrosive
substances are present.
• Fix the USB memory in a location where driver operation will
not be hindered.
• USB memory may not function correctly at high or low
Use only certified USB memory. Note that even certified USB
memory, may not function correctly depending on its type or state.
• USB memory function is not guaranteed. Use USB memory
according to the terms of agreement.
• Depending on the settings of the USB memory type, memory
state or encoding software, the unit may not play back or display
• A file that is copy-protected (copyright protection) cannot be
• USB memory may take time to start playback. If there is a
particular file other than audio in the USB memory, it may take
considerable time before the file is played back or searched.
• The unit can play back “mp3”, “wma” or “m4a” file extensions.
• Do not add the above extensions to a file other than audio data.
This non-audio data will not be recognized. The resulting
playback may contain noise that can damage speakers and/or
• It is recommended to back up important data on a personal
• Do not remove the USB device while playback is in progress.
Change SOURCE to something other than USB, then remove the
USB device to prevent possible damage to its memory.
• Windows Media and the Windows logo are trademarks, or
registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United
States and/or other countries.
• iPod and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the
U.S. and other countries.
• iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
• “Made for iPod” means that an electronic accessory has been
designed to connect specifically to iPod and has been certified by
the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
• “Works with iPhone” means that an electronic accessory has
been designed to connect specifically to iPhone and has been
certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
• Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its
compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
• The BLUETOOTH
word mark and logos are registered
trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of
such marks by Alpine Electronics, Inc. is under license.
• HD Radio™ and the HD and HD Radio Ready logos are
proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corp.
• “MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from
Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.”
• “Supply of this product only conveys a license for private, non-
commercial use and does not convey a license nor imply any
right to use this product in any commercial (i.e. revenue-
generation) real time broadcasting (terrestrial, satellite, cable
and/or any other media), broadcasting/streaming via internet,
intranets and/or other networks or in other electronic content
distribution systems, such as pay-audio or audio-on-demand
applications. An independent license for such use is required.
For details, please visit http://www.mp3licensing.com”
• Audyssey MultEQ XT is a registered trademark of Audyssey
Alpine accepts no responsibility for lost data, etc., even if data, etc.,
is lost while using this product.