Open as PDF
Press iPod/USB to switch to the USB IPOD mode.
Press or to select the desired song.
Pressing and holding or will fast backward/fast
forward the current song.
To pause playback, press / .
Pressing / again will resume playback.
• If a song is playing on the iPhone/iPod when it is connected to this
unit, it will continue playing after the connection.
• An episode or audiobook may have several chapters, the chapter can
be changed by pressing or .
• When an iPhone 3GS or an iPod (Ver.3.x) is connected to this unit,
after changing the source or received traffic information, etc., to
return to USB iPod mode, “NO USB DEVICE” may be displayed. In
this case, reconnect the iPhone 3GS/iPod.
Searching for a desired Song
An iPhone/iPod can contain hundreds of songs. By keeping these songs
organized in playlists, this unit can use these to ease song searches.
Using the Playlist/Artist/Album/Podcast/Audiobook/Genre/Composer/
Song search mode’s individual hierarchy, you can narrow down your
search as shown in the table below.
• You can select your preferred search mode. Refer to “iPod Search
Mode Setting” (page 26).
For example: Searching by Artist name
The following example explains how an ARTISTS search is
performed. Another search mode can be used for the same
operation, although the hierarchy differs.
Press /ENTER to activate the Menu Select mode.
Turn the Rotary encoder to select the ARTISTS,
and then press
The artist search mode is activated and artists names are
Turn the Rotary encoder to select the desired
Artist, and then press
The album search mode is activated and albums names are
Turn the Rotary encoder to select an album, and
The song search mode is activated and songs names are
Turn the Rotary encoder to select a song and
The selected song is played back.
• While in the search mode, if you press and hold for at least 2
seconds the search mode is canceled.
• In the search mode, pressing will return to the previous mode.
• When search is made during M.I.X. play, the M.I.X. play mode will be
• “NO SONG” will be displayed if there are no songs in the selected
playlist in the PLAYLISTS search mode.
• “NO PODCAST” will be displayed if there is no podcast data in the
iPhone/iPod in the PODCASTS search mode.
• “NO A-BOOK” will be displayed if there is no audiobook data in the
iPhone/iPod in AUDIOBOOKS search mode.
• If “iPod name” stored in the iPhone/iPod is selected in the desired
playlist search mode and
/ENTER is pressed, you can search for
all songs in the iPhone/iPod. Also, if you press and hold
for at least 2 seconds, all songs in the iPhone/iPod are played back.
• The display “NO SUPPORT” is scrolled if text information is not
compatible with this unit.
• After selecting [ALL] in the search mode with “*”, press and hold
/ENTER for at least 2 seconds to play back all songs in the
iPhone/iPod or selected search mode.
• If percent skip function is activated in the search mode, a search can
be made quickly by skipping to the specified location. For details,
refer to “Percent Skip Function” on page 16.
• If Alphabet Skip Function is activated in the search mode, a search
can be made quickly by Alphabet skip function to find the desired
artist or song, etc. For details, refer to “Random Play Shuffle
(M.I.X.)” on page 17.
• If no operation is performed for 60 seconds, the unit will return to
normal mode automatically.
Hierarchy 1 Hierarchy 2 Hierarchy 3 Hierarchy 4
PLAYLISTS SONG — —
ARTISTS* ALBUM* SONG —
ALBUMS* SONG — —
PODCASTS EPISODE — —
GENRES* ARTIST* ALBUM* SONG
COMPOSERS* ALBUM* SONG —
AUDIOBOOKS — — —