Open as PDF
Adjusting the sound10
Adjusting the sound
Using the Sound menu
There are several optional sound settings you
can make from the sound menu.
to choose the setting you want
The current setting is shown for each option (in
the order shown in step 3, with the defaults in
bold) as you cycle through the display.
Make adjustments to the following settings:
4 Repeat steps 2 and 3 for other settings.
5 When you’re done, press
the Sound menu.
• You can store your current bass, treble as
a preset. Simply hold ENTER for three
seconds, then press ENTER again to
confirm when USER shows in the display.
You can now select this preset from the
SFC menu (see Using the Sound Field
Using the Sound Field Control
Depending on the source you’re listening to,
you may want to use the Sound Field Control to
match the source you’re listening to.
• Press SFC repeatedly to select a mode.
The options are as follows:
• ROCK – Live concert sound for rock music.
• POP – Live concert sound for pop music.
• DANCE – Good for music with lots of bass.
• CLASSIC – Large concert hall type sound.
• DRAMA – Good for movies with lots of
• ACTION – Good for movies with dynamic
• USER – See Tip above.
Setting What it does
Reproduce the comfortable
sound for compressed music
(MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC).
BASS Adjusts the amount of bass. –4 to +4
TREBLE Adjusts the amount of treble. –4 to +4
Makes the stereo spread
appear wider than it really is.
Enhances the dialog away
from the background sounds.
1 When turned on, the SFC mode will turn off.
2 • When turned on, the SFC mode and Extra Power mode will turn off.
• For multichannel DVD disc only.
CX303_505_500.book Page 38 Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:39 PM