Open as PDF
Applying a digital sound field processor (DSP) effect to an audio source
DIR BDIR A
1 Follow steps 1 to 6 of the procedure shown in “TO
PLAY A SOURCE” on page 22.
2 Select a program that is suitable for the source.
The selected mode indicator lights in the display.
3 If desired, adjust the delay time and the output level of
each speaker. (For details, refer to the descriptions on
pages 37 and 38.)
● Program selection can be made to individual input sources.
Once you select a program, it is linked with the input source
selected at that time. So, the next time you select the input
source, the same program is automatically recalled.
● If you prefer to cancel the DSP, press the EFFECT button.
The sound will be the normal 2-channel stereo without
surround sound effect.
● When CONCERT VIDEO, MONO MOVIE, TV SPORTS,
DISCO, ROCK CONCERT or CONCERT HALL is selected,
no sound is heard from the center speaker.
● When a monaural sound source is played with DOLBY PRO
LOGIC or DOLBY PRO LOGIC ENHANCED, no sound is
heard from the rear speakers.
● When this unit’s Dolby Pro Logic Surround decoder is used,
if the main-source sound is considerably altered by
overadjustment of the BASS or TREBLE control, the
relationship between the center and rear channels may
produce an unnatural effect.
● To select a DSP program on the remote control transmitter,
first turn the DSP on so that a program name lights up on
the display by pressing the EFFECT key. Next, select a
desired DSP program by pressing the or side of
* Pressing the PROLOGIC or ENHANCED key turns the
DSP on and selects the corresponding program directly.