Open as PDF
● Each antenna should be connected to the designated terminals correctly, referring to the following diagram.
● Both AM and FM indoor antennas are included with this unit. In general, these antennas will probably provide sufficient signal
strength. Nevertheless, a properly installed outdoor antenna will give clearer reception than an indoor one. If you experience poor
reception quality, an outdoor antenna may result in improvement.
Outdoor FM antenna
75-ohm coaxial cable
Outdoor AM antenna
Connecting the AM loop antenna
* The AM loop antenna should be placed apart from the main unit. The antenna may be hung on a wall.
* The AM loop antenna should be kept connected, even if an outdoor AM antenna is connected to this unit.
Orient so that the best
reception is obtained.
For maximum safety and minimum interference, connect the
GND terminal to a good earth ground. A good earth ground is a
metal stake driven into moist earth.
● When connecting the indoor FM
antenna, insert its connector into
the FM ANT terminal firmly.
● If you need an outdoor
FM antenna to improve
FM reception quality, either
300-ohm feeder or coaxial cable
may be used. In locations
troubled by electrical interference, coaxial cable is