Open as PDF
To listen to a source with Dolby Digital, DTS or other future format by reproducing the
decoded signals input at the 6CH DISCRETE INPUT terminals of this unit.
In step 3 on page 22, press either the DVD/LD or TV/DBS
button once or more so that “6ch” appears in the display.
Discrete signals from the component connected to the 6CH
DISCRETE INPUT terminals of this unit are selected as the
To stop listening to a decoded source with Dolby
Digital, DTS, or other future format
Press the DVD/LD or TV/DBS button again to switch the input
from six channel input to two channel input or select another
input source. When two channel input is selected, the 6CH
DISCRETE INPUT terminals are not used.
Notes on reproducing discrete signals with Dolby Digital,
DTS, or other future format:
1. Your speaker system must include a center speaker.
2. Your speaker system should include a subwoofer.
* Connect a subwoofer which has a built-in amplifier
directly to the SUBWOOFER OUTPUT terminal of this
unit. For more details on hooking up a subwoofer to this
unit, refer to pages 10 and 12.
* If you do not have a subwoofer in your system, it may be
possible to make a setting on the Dolby Digital, DTS, or
other future format decoder to distribute LFE channel
signals to the right and left MAIN output terminals.
For details, refer to the owner’s manual supplied with
● When you switch to the “6ch” mode, the built-in digital sound
field processor (DSP) will not work and adjustments to delay
time settings cannot be made.
● Switching this unit to the “6ch” mode will input no signal to
this unit if there is no connection made to the 6CH
DISCRETE INPUT terminals of this unit.