Open as PDF
There is a chance that placing this unit too close to a CRT-based (Braun tube) TV set might impair picture
color. Should this happen, move this unit away from the TV set.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS UNIT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the instru-
ment, or data that is lost or destroyed.
The name plate is located on the bottom of the unit.
* Even when the power switch is in standby status, electricity is still flowing to the instrument at the mini-
mum level. When you are not using the instrument for a long time, make sure you unplug the power cord
from the wall AC outlet.
24 Always make sure all batteries are inserted in
conformity with the +/- polarity markings. Fail-
ure to do so might result in overheating, fire, or
battery fluid leakage.
25 When the batteries run out, or if the instrument
is not to be used for a long time, remove the
batteries from the instrument to prevent pos-
sible leakage of the battery fluid.
26 Install this unit near the wall outlet and where
the power cable can be reached easily.
27 For added protection for this product during a
lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and
unused for long periods of time, unplug it from
the wall outlet. This will prevent damage to the
product due to lightning and powerline surges.
28 The batteries shall not be exposed to excessive
heat such as sunshine, fire or the like. When
you dispose of batteries, follow your regional
29 Do not use the instrument/device or head-
phones for a long period of time at a high or
uncomfortable volume level, since this can
cause permanent hearing loss. If you experi-
ence any hearing loss or ringing in the ears,
consult a physician.
• Copying of the commercially available musical data including but not limited to MIDI data and/or audio data is strictly
prohibited except for your personal use.
• This product incorporates and bundles computer programs and contents in which Yamaha owns copyrights or with
respect to which it has license to use others' copyrights. Such copyrighted materials include, without limitation, all
computer software, style ﬁles, MIDI ﬁles, WAVE data, musical scores and sound recordings. Any unauthorized use of
such programs and contents outside of personal use is not permitted under relevant laws. Any violation of copyright
has legal consequences. DON'T MAKE, DISTRIBUTE OR USE ILLEGAL COPIES.
nAbout this manual
• The illustrations and LCD screens as shown in this manual are for instructional purposes only, and may appear some-
what different from those on your instrument.
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft® Corporation in the United States and other countries.
• Apple, Mac and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective