Open as PDF
n Connection Examples
Precautions in regard to using the USB jack
Make sure you follow the points below when
connecting a computer to the THR10/5 USB
jack. Failing to do so may result in the computer
or the THR10/5 freezing or shutting down, as
well as corruption or even loss of data. If the
device or computer does freeze, restart the ap-
plication or computer.
* Before making any connections, make sure that the power on all devices is switched OFF.
* When connecting the unit to an external device, check the shape of the jack and use an
appropriate cable that matches with the jack’s speciﬁcations and connect surely.
Audio output from an audio
player or computer
• Be sure to wake the computer from suspended/sleep/
standby mode before connecting a computer to the
• Always quit all applications that are running on the
computer before connecting or disconnecting the USB
cable and set the volume output on the computer to its
• When connecting or disconnecting the USB cable, be
sure to set the VOLUME and the USB/AUX OUTPUT on
the THR10/5 to their minimum levels.
• Wait at least 6 seconds between connecting or discon-
necting the USB cable.
* On the THR5, use the volume on the
audio device to adjust the volume for the
external audio source. If it is connected
to a computer via USB, you can adjust
the USB output volume with the THR
Editor. (page 16)