Open as PDF
SSPA Quick Start Guide
1. Mount the SSPA on the antenna.
2. Connect the cables for RF input, and RF output (waveguide).
3. If needed, connect the M&C or PA MONITOR to the driver or Protection Switch.
4. Connect AC power, nominal 120 or 240 VAC.
There are no settings that need adjustment.
The SSPA is factory set for a gain equal to the P1dB value.
For monitoring the performance of the SSPA, there are two methods
1. Connect a computer to the RS232 port using the cable provided, and the Supervisor
software. Now you can see a status of the SSPA digital and analog monitored points. The
gain is fixed and cannot be changed. You can MUTE the SSPA with the command TX
2. Connect a cable (user provided) to the PA MONITOR connector. This will provide:
A. Pin 1 is used to MUTE the SSPA by grounding this pin.
B. Pin 2 is used to show a summary fault in the SSPA (0 volts). 5 volts is normal.
C. Pin 3 is used to show an analog voltage that changes as output power changes.
D. Pin 4 is used to show the SSPA internal temperature in analog form.
E. Pin 5 is not used.
F. Pin 6 is ground.
Drawing of required cable connections
M & C
Serial ports & Alarm Relay
"OK" Green LED
"Alarm" RED LED
Pressure Test port
DO NOT OPEN