Open as PDF
Low: ±10 dB at 60 Hz (XPLOD)
Mid: ±10 dB at 1 kHz (XPLOD)
High: ±10 dB at 10 kHz (XPLOD)
Power requirements: 12 V DC car battery
(negative ground (earth))
Dimensions: Approx. 178 × 50 × 190 mm
/8 × 2 × 7
/2 in) (w/h/d)
Mounting dimensions: Approx. 182 × 53 × 163 mm
/4 × 2
/8 × 6
/2 in) (w/h/d)
Mass: Approx. 1.6 kg (3 lb 9 oz)
Card remote commander: RM-X152
Parts for installation and connections (1 set)
Rotary commander: RM-X4S
BUS cable (supplied with an RCA pin cord):
RC-61 (1 m), RC-62 (2 m)
CD changer (10 discs): CDX-757MX
CD changer (6 discs): CDX-T69
Source selector: XA-C40
AUX-IN selector: XA-300
Interface adaptor for iPod: XA-120IP
HD Radio™ tuner: XT-100HD
Your dealer may not handle some of the above
listed accessories. Please ask the dealer for
This unit cannot be connected to a digital preamplifier
or an equalizer which is Sony BUS system compatible.
Design and specifications are subject to change
The following checklist will help you remedy
problems you may encounter with your unit.
Before going through the checklist below, check the
connection and operating procedures.
MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology and
patents licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.
This product is protected by certain intellectual
property rights of Microsoft Corporation. Use or
distribution of such technology outside of this
product is prohibited without a license from
Microsoft or an authorized Microsoft subsidiary.
• Halogenated flame retardants are not used in the
certain printed wiring boards.
• Halogenated flame retardants are not used in
• Packaging cushions are made from paper.
No power is being supplied to the unit.
• Check the connection. If everything is in order, check
• If the unit is turned off and the display disappears, it
cannot be operated with the remote commander.
tTurn on the unit.
The power antenna (aerial) does not extend.
The power antenna (aerial) does not have a relay box.
• The volume is too low.
• The ATT function is activated, or the Telephone ATT
function (when the interface cable of a car telephone
is connected to the ATT lead) is activated.
• The position of the fader control “FAD” is not set for
a 2-speaker system.
• The CD changer is incompatible with the disc (MP3/
tPlay back with a Sony MP3 compatible CD
changer, or this unit.
No beep sound.
• The beep sound is canceled (page 10).
• An optional power amplifier is connected and you are
not using the built-in amplifier.
The contents of the memory have been erased.
• The RESET button has been pressed.
tStore again into the memory.
• The power supply lead or battery has been
• The power supply lead is not connected properly.
Stored stations and correct time are erased.
The fuse has blown.
Makes noise when the position of the ignition
The leads are not matched correctly with the car’s
accessory power connector.
During playback or reception, demonstration
If no operation is performed for 5 minutes with “Demo
on” set, demonstration mode starts.
tSet “Demo off” (page 10).
The display disappears from/does not appear
in the display window.
• The dimmer is set “Dimmer on” (page 11).
• The angle of the front panel is not proper.
tAdjust the angle of the front panel by pressing
and hold (ANGLE) (page 5).
• The display disappears if you press and hold (OFF).
tPress and hold (OFF) on the unit until the
• The connectors are dirty (page 15).
continue to next page t