Open as PDF
About AAC files
• AAC, which stands for Advanced Audio Coding,
is a music file compression format standard. It
compresses audio CD data to approximately 1/11*
of its original size.
• AAC tag is 126 characters.
• When naming an AAC file, be sure to add the file
extension “.m4a” to the file name.
• During playback or fast-forward/reverse of a VBR
(variable bit rate) AAC file, elapsed playing time
may not display accurately.
* only for 128 kbps
Playback of the following AAC files is not supported.
– lossless compression
If you have any questions or problems concerning
your unit that are not covered in this manual, consult
your nearest Sony dealer.
Replacing the lithium battery of the
card remote commander
Under normal conditions, the battery will last
approximately 1 year. (The service life may be
shorter, depending on the conditions of use.)
When the battery becomes weak, the range of the
card remote commander becomes shorter. Replace
the battery with a new CR2025 lithium battery. Use
of any other battery may present a risk of fire or
Notes on the lithium battery
• Keep the lithium battery out of the reach of children.
Should the battery be swallowed, immediately
consult a doctor.
• Wipe the battery with a dry cloth to assure a good
• Be sure to observe the correct polarity when
installing the battery.
• Do not hold the battery with metallic tweezers,
otherwise a short-circuit may occur.
When replacing the fuse, be
sure to use one matching the
amperage rating stated on the
original fuse. If the fuse blows,
check the power connection and
replace the fuse. If the fuse
blows again after replacement,
there may be an internal
malfunction. In such a case,
consult your nearest Sony
Cleaning the connectors
The unit may not function properly if the connectors
between the unit and the front panel are not clean. In
order to prevent this, detach the front panel (page 5)
and clean the connectors with a cotton swab. Do not
apply too much force. Otherwise, the connectors
may be damaged.
• For safety, turn off the ignition before cleaning the
connectors, and remove the key from the ignition
• Never touch the connectors directly with your fingers
or with any metal device.
+ side up
Battery may explode if mistreated.
Do not recharge, disassemble, or dispose of
Fuse (10 A)
Back of the front