Open as PDF
Step 3: TV and Video Component Hookups
S Video cord for connecting a TV monitor
Audio cords (not supplied)
When connecting a cord, be sure to match the color-coded pins to the appropriate jacks on the
Jacks for connecting video components
Connect a To the
TV monitor MONITOR (S VIDEO OUT) jack
VCR VIDEO (S VIDEO/ANALOG L/R IN/OUT) jacks
Digital satellite receiver TV/SAT (S VIDEO/ANALOG L/R IN) jacks
z When using the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks (Y, PB/CB, PR/CR) instead of the S Video jacks
Your TV monitor must also be connected via COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks (Y, PB/CB, PR/CR). If your TV
accept progressive format signals, you must use this connection and set “COMPONENT OUT” to
“PROGRESSIVE” in “SCREEN SETUP” (page 78).
• When you select VIDEO using the FUNCTION button, the signal is output from the front L/R speakers, but not
from the VIDEO (S VIDEO/ANALOG L/R OUT) jacks.
• When you use the Video line outputs, please set the unit to 2CH STEREO mode. If the unit is not in 2CH
STEREO mode, the line outputs may not function properly.
• When the mode of the receiver is not set to “DVD,” the signal from the COMPONENT VIDEO IN jack is output
from the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks.
• When the mode of the receiver is set to “DVD” and “INTERLACE” is selected in “SCREEN SETUP,” the signal
is output from the MONITOR or COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks.
• When the mode of the receiver is set to “DVD” and “PROGRESSIVE” is selected in “SCREEN SETUP,” the
signal is output only from the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks.