Open as PDF
– 4 –
We always recommend you have your Blaupunkt amplifiers professionally installed
but the installation process is often so easy that the average consumer can
achieve success with little trouble. Regardless of the person installing, you should
be sure to review the following points before proceeding with the installation:
•READ THE MANUAL! Understanding the product and installation limitations
before lifting a screwdriver.
•WEAR SAFETY GLASSES AT ALL TIMES - Flying debris are always dangerous.
•PROTECT THE VEHICLE - Always disconnect the negative battery cable before
starting any kind of installation work. This prevents a possible high current
electrical short (potential fires).
•HEAT - Keep all audio components away from nearby hot vehicle components that heat up over time such
as hoses, high current wires, and braking system components.
•GIVE YOURSELF LOTS OF TIME - Rushing to complete an installation nearly always ends up with
•DO NOT LISTEN AT HIGH SOUND LEVELS FOR A PROLONGED TIME - these amplifiers, used with high
efficiency speakers from ANY manufacturer, have the potential to cause permanent hearing loss after
listening at maximum volume levels for several hours.
Before disassembling your beautiful new car you need some basic installation knowledge and skill with
common hand and power tools. Following such basic installation tips and warnings will prevent possible
damage to the vehicle and also prevent possible fires.
• AGAIN...READ THE MANUAL! There is a lot of helpful information in this manual that
will save time and prevent problems later.
• COVER THE VEHICLE WORK AREAS - Use fender covers or blankets to protect the
work areas from scratches or dings.
• DISCONNECT THE (-) LEAD ON THE BATTERY - No sparks or fires please!
• “REVIEW” THE INSTALLATION - Before using any tools or moving vehicle
components, take five minutes to review the installation intentions (e.g., verify that an
amplifier will fit in an area of a car before tearing out all the interior).
• “REVIEW” THE VEHICLE - Before drilling any holes or cutting into any surfaces, make
sure there are no fuel or hydraulic lines behind the surfaces. Also make sure there are
no wires routed directly behind or near the desired mounting area (remember...screws
can often extend 1-2 inches behind the mounting surface).
• ENSURE PROPER FIT - Before cutting or drilling, make sure the amplifier will physically
fit in its desired location. Check for clearance around rear deck torsion bars or other
• EVERY CAR IS ASSEMBLED DIFFERENT - Every auto manufacturer uses different
assembly techniques. Take care in removing/modifying all trim panels and mounting
surfaces since they often use unique screws or snap fasteners that are difficult to replace if they are lost or
• BE CAREFUL WITH CABLE ROUTING - When routing audio cables, make sure RCA and speaker wires are
routed away from high current power lines for audio amplifiers and vehicle systems lines when possible.
This will help prevent noises from creeping into the audio system, plus prevent potential damage to the
vehicle wiring itself.
• BE CAREFUL WITH ALL CONNECTIONS - When making connections, make sure each connection is clean
and properly secured. Observe all polarity markings carefully to ensure proper end performance.
• CAUTION - FUEL TANKS AND FUEL LINES ARE NOW LOCATED DIRECTLY BENEATH THE REAR DECK
IN MANY CARS - CHECK FOR ADEQUATE CLEARANCE BEFORE EVEN CONSIDERING SUCH A