Open as PDF
The wires in the mains lead are coloured in accordance
with the following code:
As the colours of the wires in the mains lead of this
apparatus may not correspond with the coloured
markings identifying the terminals in your plug,
proceed as follows: The wire which is coloured BLUE
must be connected to the terminal which is marked
with the letter N or coloured BLACK. The wire which
is coloured BROWN must be connected to the terminal
which is marked with the letter L or coloured RED.
Making sure that neither core is connected to the earth
terminal of the three pin plug.
• To assure the finest performance, please read this
manual carefully. Keep it in a safe place for future
• Install your unit in a well ventilated, cool, dry, clean
place – away from windows, heat sources, vibration,
dust, moisture, or cold. To avoid humming sounds,
locate the unit away from other electrical appliances,
motors, and transformers. To prevent fire or electrical
shock, do not expose to rain and water.
• (U.K. and Europe models only)
Be sure to allow at least 10 cm of ventilation space at
the top, on left, right, and back sides of RX-E100.
• Do not operate the unit upside-down. It may overheat,
possibly causing damage.
• Never open the cabinet. If something drops into the set,
contact your dealer.
• Do not use force on switches, knobs or cords.
• Always set the VOLUME control to minimum before
starting playback of an audio source: increase the
volume gradually to an appropriate level after play has
• When not planning to use this unit for long periods of
time (i.e., vacation, etc.), disconnect the AC power plug
from the wall outlet.
• Grounding or polarization – Precautions should be taken
so that the grounding or polarization of the unit is not
• Do not clean the unit with chemical solvents; this might
damage the finish. Use a clean, dry cloth.
• Be sure to read the “Troubleshooting” section on
common operating errors before concluding that your
unit is faulty.
• Do not place another component on top of this unit, as
damage or discoloration on the surface of the unit may
• To prevent damage by lightning, disconnect the power
cord from the wall outlet during an electrical storm.
• When disconnecting the power cord from the wall
outlet, grasp the plug; do not pull the cord.
• Do not plug the AC power plug to the wall outlet before
you finish all connections.
• The voltage to be used must be the same as that
specified on this unit. Using this unit with a higher
voltage than that which is specified is dangerous and
may result in a fire or other type of accident causing
damage. YAMAHA will not be held responsible for any
damage resulting from use of this unit with a voltage
other than that which is specified.
• When listening to the receiver at a high volume level for
a long time, the temperature inside the unit rises. To
prevent overheating and possible damage to this unit,
the internal fan starts running.
• Sudden temperature changes and storage or operation in
an extremely humid environment may cause
condensation inside the cabinet.
PRECAUTIONS: READ THIS BEFORE OPERATING THE UNIT
This compact disc player is
classified as a CLASS 1
The CLASS 1 LASER
PRODUCT label is located
on the rear exterior.
CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
Laser component in this product is capable of
emitting radiation exceeding the limit for Class 1.
CAUTION FOR CARRYING THE UNIT
Before carrying the unit, first remove all discs from
the unit, press STANDBY/ON to turn the unit off,
then disconnect the AC power plug from the wall
Use of controls or adjustments or performance of
procedures other than those specified herein may
result in hazardous radiation exposure.
The unit is not disconnected from the AC power source
as long as it is connected to the wall outlet, even if this
unit itself is turned off. This state is called the standby
mode. In this state, this unit is designed to consume a
very small quantity of power.
For U.K. customers
If the socket outlets in the home are not suitable for the
plug supplied with this appliance, it should be cut off and
an appropriate 3 pin plug fitted. For details, refer to the
instructions described above.
Note: The plug severed from the mains lead must be
destroyed, as a plug with bared flexible cord is hazardous
if engaged in a live socket outlet.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR U.K. MODEL