Open as PDF
— 21 —
The use of any accessories except for those provided might result in
damage to the unit. Make sure only to use the accessories shipped with
the unit, as shown above.
Number of items
1. To prevent short circuits, remove the key from the ignition and
disconnect the - terminal of the battery.
2. Make the proper input and output wire connections for each unit.
3. Connect the wire on the wiring harness.
4. Take Connector B on the wiring harness and connect it to the
speaker connector in your vehicle.
5. Take Connector A on the wiring harness and connect it to the
external power connector on your vehicle.
6. Connect the wiring harness connector to the unit.
7. Install the unit in your car.
8. Reconnect the - terminal of the battery.
9. Press the reset button.
• If your car is not prepared for this special connection-system,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
• Only use antenna conversion adapters (ISO-JASO) when the
antenna cord has an ISO plug.
• Make sure that all wire connections are securely made by
inserting jacks until they lock completely.
• If your vehicle's ignition does not have an ACC position, or if the
ignition wire is connected to a power source with constant
voltage such as a battery wire, the power will not be linked with
the ignition (i.e., it will not turn on and off along with the
ignition). If you want to link the unit's power with the ignition,
connect the ignition wire to a power source that can be turned
on and off with the ignition key.
• If the fuse blows, first make sure that the wires have not caused
a short circuit, then replace the old fuse with one with the same
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other similar
material. To prevent short circuits, also do not remove the caps
on the ends of the unconnected wires or the terminals.
• Connect the speaker wires correctly to the terminals to which
they correspond. The unit may receive damage or fail to work if
you share the - wires and/or ground them to any metal part in
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps,
indicators, wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.
• If the console has a lid, make sure to install the unit so that the
faceplate does not hit the lid when closing and opening.
B64-2437-00 02.9.24 8:42 PM Page 21