Open as PDF
HS8/HS7/HS5/HS8S Owner’s Manual
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
* Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death
from electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but
are not limited to, the following:
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as
heaters or radiators, and do not excessively bend or otherwise
damage the cord, place heavy objects on it, or place it in a
position where anyone could walk on, trip over, or roll anything
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the device. The
required voltage is printed on the name plate of the device.
• Use only the supplied power cord/plug.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or
dust which may have accumulated on it.
• Be sure to connect to an appropriate outlet with a protective
grounding connection. Improper grounding can result in
• This device contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open
the device or attempt to disassemble the internal parts or
modify them in any way. If it should appear to be
malfunctioning, discontinue use immediately and have it
inspected by qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• Do not expose the device to rain, use it near water or in damp
or wet conditions, or place on it any containers (such as
vases, bottles or glasses) containing liquids which might spill
into any openings. If any liquid such as water seeps into the
device, turn off the power immediately and unplug the power
cord from the AC outlet. Then have the device inspected by
qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit. A
burning item may fall over and cause a fire.
• When one of the following problems occur, immediately turn
off the power switch and disconnect the electric plug from the
outlet. Then have the device inspected by Yamaha service
- The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
- It emits unusual smells or smoke.
- Some object has been dropped into the instrument.
- There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the device.
• If this device should be dropped or damaged, immediately
turn off the power switch, disconnect the electric plug from the
outlet, and have the device inspected by qualified Yamaha
Power supply/Power cord
Do not open
If you notice any abnormality