Open as PDF
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including
amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades
with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide
blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult
an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and
the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold
with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus
combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been
damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have
fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or
has been dropped.
15. If Service Instruction in Owner's Manual: "CAUTION - THESE SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR
USE BY QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY. TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO
NOT PERFORM ANY SERVICING OTHER THAN THAT CONTAINED IN THE OPERATING
INSTRUCTIONS UNLESS YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO DO SO."
16. To completely disconnect this apparatus from the ac mains, disconnect the power supply cord plug
from the ac receptacle.
17. “WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC – SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.”
18. Do not expose this equipment to dripping or dripping or splashing and ensure that no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, are placed on the equipment.
19. The mains plug of the power supply cord shall remain readily operable.
Care And Cleaning
PRX500 series systems may be cleaned with a dry cloth. Do not get moisture into any of the openings in the
system. Ensure that the system is unplugged from the AC outlet before cleaning. In the event the DuraFlex finish
is damaged a touch up kit can be obtained from JBL Professional (part number 363972-001).
THIS APPARATUS CONTAINS POTENTIALLY LETHAL VOLTAGES. TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK OR
HAZARD, DO NOT REMOVE CHASSIS, INPUT MODULE OR AC INPUT COVERS. NO USER SERVICEABLE
PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS