Open as PDF
Handling Compact Discs
Use only compact discs bearing the or mark.
Do not play heart-shaped, octagonal, or other specially shaped
Some CDs recorded in CD-R/CD-RW mode may not be usable.
• Compared to ordinary music CDs, CD-R and CD-RW discs are
both easily affected by high temperature and humidity and
some of CD-R and CD-RW discs may not be played. Therefore,
do not leave them for a long time in the car.
• New discs may have some roughness around the edges. If such
discs are used, the player may not work or the sound may skip.
Use a ball-point pen or the like to remove any roughness from
the edge of the disc.
Be sure to unfold and read the next page. / Veuillez déplier et vous référer à la page suivante.
Cerciórese de desplegar y de leer la página siguiente. / Assicurarsi di aprire e leggere la pagina successiva.
• Never stick labels on the surface of the compact disc or mark
the surface with a pencil or pen.
• Never play a compact disc with any cellophane tape or other
glue on it or with peeling off marks. If you try to play such a
compact disc, you may not be able to get it back out of the CD
player or it may damage the CD player.
• Do not use compact discs that have large scratches, are
misshapen, cracked, etc. Use of such discs may cause
misoperation or damage.
• To remove a compact disc from its storage case, press down on
the center of the case and lift the disc out, holding it carefully by
• Do not use commercially available CD protection sheets or
discs equipped with stabilizers, etc. These may damage the disc
or cause breakdown of the internal mechanism.
• Do not expose compact discs to direct sunlight or any heat
• Do not expose compact discs to excess humidity or dust.
• Do not expose compact discs to direct heat from heaters.
• To remove fingermarks and dust, use a soft cloth and wipe in a
straight line from the center of the compact disc to the circum-
• Do not use any solvents, such as commercially available
cleaners, anti-static spray, or thinner to clean compact discs.
• After using special compact disc cleaner, let the compact disc
dry off well before playing it.