Open as PDF
(EN) Step 2: Controls
DIGITAL iPAD/TABLET MIXER X18/XR18 Controls
(1) INPUTS accept balanced and
unbalanced XLRand ¼ " plugs.
Inputs 1 and 2 have high-
impedance preamps for direct
connection of guitars and basses.
(2) OUT L & R jacks send the main mix
signal to PA or monitor speakers via
(3) RCA IN jacks (X18 only) accept
unbalanced RCA cables for
connecting MP3 players, external
mixers, iPad, etc. These inputs have
limited processing compared to the
other input channels.
(4) RCA OUT jacks (X18 only) send
either the main mix signal or
headphone signal via unbalanced
RCA cables to a pair of active
(5) CONTROL ROOM button (X18 only)
determines whether the main mix
or headphone/solo signal is routed
to the RCAOUT jacks.
(6) HEADPHONE jack accepts a
¼ "TRS plug for connecting a pair
(7) PHONES LEVEL knob determines the
output of the headphones jack.
(8) POWER switch turns the power on
and o . The LED on the main input
panel will light when the unit is
(9) USB port (type B) accepts a USB
cable for connection to a computer
for multi-channel audio and MIDI
recording. Up to 18 audio channels
can be simultaneously recorded,
and 18 channels are available for
playback. The mixer application
allows assignment of channels
for recording and playback.
16channels of MIDI I/O can also
be transmitted on the same USB
connection. Check the product page
on behringer.com todownload the
required (Windows*) driver and the
full manual for a comprehensive
explanation of the interface.
(10) ETHERNET port allows the mixer to
be controlled via LAN or connected
(11) RESET button resets the console to
default network parameters when
held for 2 seconds. When held for
10 seconds, allconsole functions
are reset to factory default status.
(12) REMOTE switch selects between
Ethernet, Wi client, or Access
Point. See the Network Connection
chapter for details.
(13) MIDI IN/OUT jacks send and
receive MIDI signals to and from
external equipment. Seethe MIDI
Implementation chart fordetails.
(14) ULTRANET port allows connection
of BEHRINGER P16-M personal
monitoring mixers or P16-D
(15) AUX SEND jacks send your monitor
mixes to active stage monitors or
headphone mixers. The XR18 uses
XLR connectors, while the X18uses
balanced ¼" jacks.
(16) Inputs 17 and 18 (XR18 only)
acceptbalanced ¼ " cables for
connecting line-level sources.
These inputs have limited
processing compared to the other
(12)(11) (13) (9) (14)
(8) (9) (10)(11)(12) (14) (15)
(2) (3) (4)
*Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United
States and/or other countries.
14 X AIR X18/XR18 15 Quick Start Guide