Open as PDF
HS8/HS7/HS5/HS8S Owner’s Manual
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to the
product, damage to data, or damage to other property,
follow the notices below.
Handling and Maintenance
• Do not expose the device to excessive dust or vibration,
or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near
a heater, or in a car during the day), in order to prevent
the possibility of panel disfiguration, unstable operation,
or damage to the internal components.
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the
device, since this might discolor the panel.
• When cleaning the device, use a dry and soft cloth. Do
not use paint thinners, solvents, cleaning fluids, or
chemical-impregnated wiping cloths.
• Condensation can occur in the device due to rapid,
drastic changes in ambient temperature—when the
device is moved from one location to another, or air
conditioning is turned on or off, for example. Using the
device while condensation is present can cause
damage. If there is reason to believe that condensation
might have occurred, leave the device for several hours
without turning on the power until the condensation has
completely dried out.
• During extreme changes in temperature or humidity,
condensation may occur and water may collect on the
surface of the device. If water is left, the wooden parts
may absorb the water and be damaged. Make sure to
wipe any water off immediately with a soft cloth.
• Interference From Cell Phones
Using a cell phone near the speaker system can induce
noise. If this occurs, move the cell phone further away
from the speaker system.
• Air blowing out of the bass reflex ports is normal, and
often occurs when the speaker is handling program
material with heavy bass content.
• Always turn the power off when the device is not in use.
• Avoid touching or allowing objects to come in contact
with the speaker diaphragms.
• These speakers should be used vertically, not laid on
• XLR-type connectors are wired as follows (IEC60268
standard): pin 1: ground, pin 2: hot (+), and pin 3: cold
About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for
instructional purposes only, and may appear somewhat
different from those on your device.
• Steinberg and Cubase are registered trademarks of
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
• The company names and product names in this manual
are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their