Open as PDF
16© 2006 Nokia. All rights reserved.
Care and maintenance
Your device is a product of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated with
care. The suggestions below will help you protect your warranty coverage.
• Keep all accessories and enhancements out of the reach of small children.
• Keep the device dry. Precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or moisture can
contain minerals that will corrode electronic circuits. If your device does get wet, allow
the device to dry completely.
• Do not attempt to remove the battery from the device. Nokia recommends to take it to
the nearest authorized service facility for replacement of the battery.
• Do not use or store the device in dusty, dirty areas. Its moving parts and electronic
components can be damaged.
• Do not store the device in hot areas. High temperatures can shorten the life of electronic
devices, damage batteries, and warp or melt certain plastics.
• Do not store the device in cold areas. When the device returns to its normal temperature,
moisture can form inside the device and damage electronic circuit boards.
• Do not attempt to open the device other than as instructed in this guide.
• Do not drop, knock, or shake the device. Rough handling can break internal circuit boards
and fine mechanics.
• Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the device.
• Do not paint the device. Paint can clog the moving parts and prevent proper operation.
• Use chargers indoors.