Open as PDF
Using the rechargeable Ni-MH battery (included)
Remove the rechargeable battery from its case.
Insert the rechargeable battery into the charger.
Connect the AC adaptor to the charger.
The charge indicator will initially light red. It will go out when recharg-
ing is completed. When recharging is complete, unplug the AC adap-
tor from the AC outlet and the charger.
Remove the recharged battery from the charger and insert it into
the minidisc player.
• It takes approximately 2 hours to recharge the rechargeable battery.
• The rechargeable battery has a service life of approximately 300 charge-discharge cycles. If
the operating time on one full charge becomes noticeably shorter than it used to be, the bat-
tery has reached the end of its service life and should be replaced.
• The AC adaptor and rechargeable battery may become warm while recharging. This is not a
• When recharging the rechargeable battery which was left unused for a long time, the charge
indicator may not light immediately. It will light in a few minutes.
The battery indicator appears on the remote control display. When the indicator appears as be-
low, power will be shut off a short while after.
Rechargeable battery: Recharge it.
• The battery indicator appears when an MD is loaded into the minidisc player.
PORTABLE MINIDISC PLAYER
*Use numbers indicated in parentheses when asking for replacement parts.
AC adaptor (AA-R9020) 1 pc.
Headphones 1 pc.
Wired remote control 1 pc.
Charger (AC-R126) 1 pc.
Check the packing carton for these accessories.
Thank you for purchasing this JVC product. Please read these instructions carefully before starting operation to be sure to obtain opti-
mum performance and a longer service life from your minidisc player.
THIS PRODUCT UTILIZES A LASER.
USE OF CONTROLS OR ADJUSTMENTS OR
PERFORMANCE OF PROCEDURES OTHER
THAN THOSE SPECIFIED HEREIN MAY RESULT
IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE.
DO NOT OPEN COVERS AND DO NOT REPAIR
YOURSELF. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO
RAIN OR MOISTURE.
Rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery (BN-R1210) 1 pc.
Carrying pouch 1 pc.
• Before replacing batteries, always turn the minidisc player off.
Rechargeable Ni - MH battery :
• Use only the rechargeable battery BN-R1210 (supplied) or BN-R127 (not supplied) with this
• If the power delivered by the battery lasts for a very short time after recharging, it means
that the battery’s service life is over. Do not use it any more.
• Recharging an already charged battery will shorten its service life.
• When recharging a battery for the first time, or when it has not been used for a long period
of time, the play time may be shorter than usual. In a case like this, repeatedly recharge and
discharge the battery. This will restore it to its regular state.
• Do not allow any metal objects to touch the terminals of the rechargeable battery because
this may cause dangerous short-circuiting.
• Recharge the battery at a temperature of 10°C to 35°C.
To prevent damage to the battery, and to avoid electrolyte leakage, heed the following instructions.
• Align the ª and · polarities properly when inserting the batteries.
• Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use the minidisc player for a long period of time.
• Do not expose the batteries to open flame, and do not short-circuit, disassemble, or subject
them to excessive heat.
• When putting rechargeable battery in a pocket or bag, ensure that no other metal objects,
such as necklaces or coins, are placed together with them. Contact with metal may cause
short-circuiting which, in turn, may cause a fire.
• Be absolutely sure to carry the rechargeable battery in the battery carrying case.
The rechargeable battery is designated recyclable.
Please follow your local recycling regulations.
Power Supply Preparations
VOLUME and SKIP / SEARCH button
HOLD / SEARCH/
VOLUME Mode switch
C Headphones jack ( )
D Stop / Play / Pause button (7 3 /8)
E OPEN knob
F HOLD switch
A.C.BASS (Active Clear Bass) button
Location of Controls
P.MODE (Play mode)
J Play / Pause button (3/8)
L VOLUME button (+, –)
N Skip / SEARCH button (4 ¢ )
1. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
2. DANGER: Invisible laser radiation when
open and interlock failed or defeated.
Avoid direct exposure to beam.
3. CAUTION: Do not open the top cover.
There are no user serviceable parts
inside the Unit; leave all servicing to
qualified service personnel.
To AC power outlet
Slide the cover and
Insert the battery with its
positive terminal facing
[Minidisc Player Unit]
AC adaptor and charger
• Handle the AC adaptor and charger carefully. Improper handling is dangerous.
• Do not touch them with wet hands.
• Do not place heavy objects on top of them.
• Do not forcibly bend them.
• Be sure to use only the AC adaptor and charger provided with this minidisc player.
• Disconnect the AC adaptor from the power outlet if the unit is not going to be used for a
Minidisc Player Unit
• Do not alter or remodel the unit as this can cause malfunctioning.
• Do not alter or impact the unit as this may damage it.
• Avoid using the unit in the following locations since they can cause malfunctioning.
• Do not bring a cellular phone close to the minidisc player as it may cause noise or malfunc-
1. Bathrooms and other moisture-prone places.
2. Warehouses and other dusty places.
3. Very hot places near heating appliances, etc.
• Do not leave the unit exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time as this may deform
or discolor the cabinet and may also cause malfunctioning.
Precautions for listening with the headphones
• Do not play your headset at a high volume. Hearing experts advise against continuous ex-
• If you experience a ringing in your ears, reduce volume or discontinue use.
• Do not use while operating a motorized vehicle. It may create traffic hazard and is illegal in
• You should use extreme caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous
• Even if your headphones are an open-air type designed to let you hear outside sounds, don’t
turn up the volume so high that you can’t hear what’s around you.
When driving a car
• In the interest of traffic safety, do not use the minidisc player while driving a vehicle.
AC adaptor (AA-R9020), Charger (AC-R126)
and rechargeable Ni-MH battery (BN-R1210
and BN-R127) are audio equipments for
Firmly close the cover.
Accidental Operation Prevention Function (Hold
This function prevents the minidisc player from operating accidentally.
Both the minidisc player and the remote control have HOLD switches, each of which works
When the minidisc player is in HOLD mode, no button operation is possible for either the
minidisc player unit or its remote control.
To operate the minidisc player or remote control normally, switch off the HOLD mode.
[Indicators on the remote control display]
Wipe the unit and remote control with a soft cloth. Remove stubborn dirt using a cloth which
has been dipped in water (or soapy water) and wrung out. Then wipe them dry.
• If you intend to use a chemically treated cleaning cloth, read its directions first.
• Do not use alcohol or paint thinners.
If the MD cartridge is dirty wipe it with a damp cloth and then wipe dry.
When storing MDs, avoid locations which are
• Exposed to direct sunlight.
• Susceptible to high levels of humidity or dust.
• Directly exposed to heat from a heating appliance.
• On top of a car dashboard or near the rear window.
Handling the MDs
• Do not open the shutter. The shutter is usually locked to prevent opening. Do not force in to
open, or the disc may be destroyed.
This unit has been manufactured with
great precision. Applying a strong shock to
the unit or dropping it may cause a failure:
For example, if you sit down with the unit
into a back pocket of your trousers, it may
exert the pressure upon the unit and may
cause a failure.
XM-PX3[UB]_Eng.p65 6/21/00, 2:03 PM1