Open as PDF
Thank you for selecting a YAMAHA speaker system.
Read these precautions carefully before using your
• To assure the finest performance, please read this
manual carefully. Keep it in a safe place for future
• Install the speaker in a cool, dry, clean place - away from
windows, heat sources, sources of excessive vibration,
dust, moisture and cold. Avoid sources of humming
(transformers, motors). To prevent fire or electrical
shock, do not expose the speaker to rain or water.
• To prevent the enclosure from warping or discoloring,
do not place the speaker where it will be exposed to
direct sunlight or excessive humidity.
• Do not place the following objects on the speaker:
Glass, china, small metallic, etc.
If glass etc. falls by vibrations and breaks, it may
cause bodily injury.
A burning candle etc.
If the candle falls by vibrations, it may cause fire and
A vessel with water in it
If the vessel falls by vibrations and water spills, it may
cause damage to the speaker, and/or you may get an
• Do not place the speaker where foreign objects such as
water drips might fall. It might cause a fire, damage to
the speaker, and/or bodily injury.
• Do not place the speaker where it is liable to be knocked
over or struck by falling objects. Stable placement will
also ensure better sound performance.
• Placing the speaker on the same shelf or rack as the
turntable can result in feedback.
• Never put a hand or a foreign object into the port located
on the rear of the speaker as this might cause bodily
injury and/or damage to the speaker.
• When moving the speaker, do not hold the port as it
might cause bodily injury and/or damage to the speaker.
• Any time you note distortion, reduce the volume control
on your amplifier to a lower setting. Never allow your
amplifier to be driven into “clipping”. Otherwise the
speaker may be damaged.
• When using an amplifier with a rated output power
higher than the nominal input power of the speaker, care
should be taken never to exceed the speaker’s maximum
• Do not attempt to clean the speaker with chemical
solvents as this might damage the finish. Use a clean, dry
• Do not attempt to modify or fix the speaker. Contact
qualified YAMAHA service personnel when any service
is needed. The cabinet should never be opened for any
• Secure placement or installation is the owner’s
responsibility. YAMAHA shall not be liable for any
accident caused by improper placement or
installation of speaker.
The speaker is constructed with the majority of the weight
located in its upper portion, and is thus susceptible to
falling over if proper care is not taken to insure its stability.
If the speaker falls over, it may damage the speaker or be
the cause of injury (or even death) to persons and/or
damage to personal property.
For safe and proper use of the speaker:
• Position the speaker in a location that is solid, level,
smooth, and low (with respect to the floor).
• Do not push or apply pressure to the side of the speaker
when moving, or lean objects against the side of the
• Do not sit on or set objects on top of the speaker.
Vibrations or jolts associated with earthquakes and other
phenomena or activities may cause the speaker to fall over.
For safety reasons, using commercially available products
that increase stability in the speaker is recommended
(metal fittings or chains, etc.).
Use the stands included with the speaker to
Be sure to use the stands regardless of where the speaker is
positioned. Attaching the stands included with the speaker
reinforces the base of the speaker not to fall over.
Please be cautioned that even though the stands are
connected, this does not guarantee that the speaker will not
POSITIONING THE SPEAKERS