Open as PDF
Thank you for selecting a YAMAHA speaker system.
Read these precautions carefully before using your
• To assure the finest performance, please read this
manual carefully. Keep it in a safe place for future
• Install the speakers in a cool, dry, clean place - away
from windows, heat sources, sources of excessive
vibration, dust, moisture and cold. Avoid sources of
humming (transformers, motors). To prevent fire or
electrical shock, do not expose the speakers to rain or
• To prevent the enclosure from warping or discoloring,
do not place the speakers where they will be exposed to
direct sunlight or excessive humidity.
• Do not place the following objects on the speakers:
Glass, china, small metallic, etc.
If glass etc. falls by vibrations and breaks, it may
cause bodily injury.
A burning candle etc.
If the candle falls by vibrations, it may cause fire and
A vessel with water in it
If the vessel falls by vibrations and water spills, it may
cause damage to the speakers, and/or you may get an
• Do not place the speakers where foreign objects such as
water drips might fall. It might cause a fire, damage to
the speakers, and/or bodily injury.
• Do not place the speakers where they are liable to be
knocked over or struck by falling objects. Stable
placement will also ensure better sound performance.
• Placing the speakers on the same shelf or rack as the
turntable can result in feedback.
• Any time you note distortion, reduce the volume control
on your amplifier to a lower setting. Never allow your
amplifier to be driven into “clipping”. Otherwise the
speakers may be damaged.
• When using an amplifier with a rated output power
higher than the nominal input power of the speakers,
care should be taken never to exceed the speakers’
• Do not attempt to clean the speakers with chemical solvents as
this might damage the finish. Use a clean, dry cloth.
• Do not attempt to modify or fix the speakers. Contact
qualified YAMAHA service personnel when any service
is needed. The cabinet should never be opened for any
• Secure placement or installation is the owner’s
responsibility. YAMAHA shall not be liable for any
accident caused by improper placement or
installation of speakers.
Place the speakers on a sturdy, vibration-free surface, on a
■Using as 2ch stereo speakers
Better stereo images will be obtained when the speakers
are slightly angled in towards the listeners.
■Using as main speakers in a multi channel
Position the speakers on both sides of the TV. The
positioning of speakers is important, because it controls the
whole sound quality of a multi channel system. Set up the
speakers on the basis of your listening position by
following the owner’s manual supplied with your
■Using as front or rear effect speakers
Mount the speakers on a wall or place the speakers on a
shelf. Determine the best position by following the owner’s
manual supplied with your amplifier.
This speaker features a magnetically shielded design, but there is
still a chance that placing it too close to a TV set might impair
picture color. Should this happen, move the speaker away from the
PRECAUTIONS PLACING THE SPEAKERS