Open as PDF
Thank you for purchasing this unit. This Owner’s Manual
explains the basic operation of this unit.
Notes about discs
– This receiver is designed for use with the following
discs: Super Audio CD (Super Audio CD), DVD-
Video, Video CD, Super Video CD, Audio CD, CD-
R, CD-RW, DVD-Audio, DVD+RW, DVD+R,
DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RW (VR format).
This receiver can play:
– MP3 and picture (Kodak, JPEG) files recorded on
– JPEG/ISO 9660 format
– Maximum 30 character display
disc on CD-R[W]/DVD+R[W]/
DVD-R[W](3.11, 4.x and 5.x)
– CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-RW (VR format) cannot
be played unless finalized.
– Some discs cannot be played depending on the
recording conditions, such as the PC environment
and application software. The characteristics and
condition of some discs; materials, scratches,
curvature, etc, may result in playback failure.
– Be sure to use only CD-R and CD-RW discs made
by reliable manufacturers.
– Do not use any non-standard shaped discs (heart-
– Do not use discs with tape, seals, or paste on their
surface. Doing so may damage this receiver.
– Do not use discs affixed with labels printed by a
commercially available label printer.
– When a disc becomes dirty, clean it with a cleaning
cloth. Wipe the disc from the center out. Do not
wipe in a circlar motion.
– Do not use solvents such as benzine, thinner,
commercially available cleaners, or antistatic spray
intended for analog records.
Avoid high temperatures, moisture, water
– Do not expose the system, batteries or discs to
humidity, rain, sand or excessive heat (caused by
heating equipment or direct sunlight). Always keep
the disc tray closed to avoid getting dust on the lens.
Avoid condensation problem
– The lens may cloud over when the receiver is
suddenly moved from cold to warm surroundings,
making it impossible to play a disc. Leave the
receiver in the warm environment until the moisture
– Write only on the printed side of a CD-R/
CD-RW and only with a soft felt-tipped pen.
– Handle the disc by its edge; do not touch the
– Use a soft cloth slightly moistened with a mild
detergent solution. Do not use a solution containing
alcohol, spirits, ammonia, or abrasives.
Choosing a suitable location
– Place the receiver on a flat, hard, and stable surface.