Open as PDF
Milan M18 Quickstart Guide v1.0 - Page - 1
Thank you for choosing a TURBOSOUND loudspeaker product for your application. If you would like further information
about this or any other TURBOSOUND product, please contact us. A detailed user manual on this product is available from
our web site at www.turbosound.com.
After unpacking the unit, please check carefully for damage. If damage is found, please notify your supplier at once. You,
the consignee, must instigate any claim. Please retain all packaging in case of future re-shipment.
OUTPUT LINK LINE IN
1. Turn the LEVEL control fully anticlockwise (MIN).
2. Connect the left and right mixing console outputs to the LINE IN connectors either via 2-pole or 3-pole jacks or balanced
3. Connect the OUTPUT XLRs to the left and right powered mid/high speakers.
4. Connect any additional powered subwoofers to the LINK outputs
5. Switch on the mixer or other source and make sure the output faders or master output level controls are turned fully
6. Connect the AC mains cable to the Milan loudspeaker and turn on the mains switch. The ON LED will illuminate to
indicate that mains power is connected.
7. Increase the output level of the signal source to a normal operating level.
8. Slowly turn up the Milan loudspeaker’s level control until a suitable volume level is reached. The SIG LIMIT LED will
illuminate green to indicate signal present, and flash red occasionally to indicate limiting, but excessive or prolonged
limiting illumination indicates that the input signal is too high or additional speakers are required.
9. The FILTER switch selects the subwoofer’s low pass frequency and allows you to choose the crossover frequency at
which the high-pass signal is sent to the mid/high cabinets. Experiment to obtain the best results for your loudspeakers.
You can also reverse the phase of the sub signal relative to the mid/high signal using the PHASE switch. The ground lift
switch allows you to reduce hum if a ground loop is present. Note that all equipment MUST be grounded.
10. When shutting down the Milan system, first turn down the input level controls, then switch off the mains power before
turning off the mixer or signal source.