Open as PDF
Before you start
• FM wire antenna
• Power cord (VSX-2014i model only)
• These operating instructions
• When installing this unit, make sure to put it on a
level and stable surface.
Don’t install it on the following places:
– on a color TV (the screen may distort)
– near a cassette deck (or close to a device that gives off
a magnetic field). This may interfere with the sound.
– in direct sunlight
– in damp or wet areas
– in extremely hot or cold areas
– in places where there is vibration or other movement
– in places that are very dusty
– in places that have hot fumes or oils (such as a kitchen)
Loading the batteries
Incorrect use of batteries may result in such hazards as
leakage and bursting. Observe the following precautions:
• Never use new and old batteries together.
• Insert the plus and minus sides of the batteries
properly according to the marks in the battery case.
• Batteries with the same shape may have different
voltages. Do not use different batteries together.
• When disposing of used batteries, please comply
with governmental regulations or environmental
public instruction’s rules that apply in your country or
VSX_2014TX.book.fm Page 7 Wednesday, June 2, 2004 5:21 PM