Open as PDF
CD Player Troubleshooting
When problems occur with CD playback, an error message appears on the head unit display.
Refer to the table below to identify the problem, then take the suggested corrective action. If
the error persists, contact your dealer or your nearest PIONEER Service Center.
Message Possible cause Recommended action
ERROR- 11, 12, 17, 30 Dirty disc. Clean the disc.
ERROR- 11, 12, 17, 30 Scratched disc. Replace the disc.
ERROR- 14 Unrecorded CD. Check the disc.
ERROR- 10, 11, 12, 14, Electrical or mechanical Turn the ignition ON and OFF, or
17, 30, A0 problem. switch to a different source, then back
to the CD player.
ERROR- 44 All tracks are setting track skip. Replace the disc.
HEAT CD player overheating. Discontinue play until the machine
CD Player and Care
• Play only CDs bearing the Compact Disc Digital
• This product is designed for use with conventional,
fully circular CDs only. Use of shaped CDs are not
recommended for this product.
• Check all CDs before playing and discard cracked, scratched or warped discs.
• Normal playback of CD-R discs other than those recorded with a music CD recorder may
not be possible.
• Playback of music CD-R discs, even those recorded with a music CD recorder, may not
be possible with this product due to disc characteristics or scratches or dirt on the disc.
Dirt or condensation on the lens inside this product may also prevent playback.
• This product conforms to the track skip function of the CD-R disc. The tracks containing
the track skip information are skipped over automatically.
• Read the precautions with the CD-R discs before using.
• Wipe dirty or damp discs outward from the center with a soft cloth.
• Avoid touching the recorded (iridescent) surface when
• Store discs in their cases when not in use.
• Keep discs out of direct sunlight and high temperatures.
• Do not affix labels or apply chemicals to discs.
• Condensation may collect inside the player when using the heater in cold weather, inter-
fering with playback. Turn it off for an hour or so and wipe damp discs with a soft cloth.
• Road shocks may interrupt CD playback.
Scan Play (T-SCAN)
Scan Play plays the first 10 seconds or so of each track on a CD in succession.
1. Press the FUNCTION button and select the Scan mode (T-SCAN) in the
• Scan Play is canceled automatically after all the tracks on a disc have been scanned.
Pause pauses the currently playing track.
1. Press the FUNCTION button and select the Pause mode (PAUSE) in the
• You can also switch the Pause function ON/OFF by pressing the PGM button.
Disc Title Input (TITLE IN)
The CD player’s Disc Title Input function is possible for up to 100 discs when a Multi-CD
player is installed.
The connected Head Unit’s Operation Manual features details concerning operation. Refer
to “Disc Title Input” in the manual’s “Using Multi-CD Players” section.
2. Switch the Pause ON/OFF
with the 5/∞ buttons.
3. When you find the desired
track, cancel the Scan Play by
pressing the ∞ button.
If the Function Menu has been can-
celed automatically, select the Scan
mode in the Function Menu again.
2. Switch the Scan Play ON with
the 5 button.
Using the CD Player
Function Menu Functions
The following chart shows functions in the CD Player Function Menu.
This chart shows the function operation and button for each function.
Function name (Display) Button Operation
Repeat Play (REPEAT) 5 :ON
Random Play (RANDOM) 5 :ON
Scan Play (T-SCAN) 5 :ON
Pause (PAUSE) 5 :ON
• With some Head Units, the Function Menu may feature a CD Sound Quality Adjustment (COMP)
function. When you combine this CD player with such a Head Unit, if “NO COMP” is displayed, it
indicates that the CD Sound Quality Adjustment function is not available.
Repeat Play (REPEAT)
Repeat Play plays the same track repeatedly.
1. Press the FUNCTION button and select the Repeat mode (REPEAT) in
the Function Menu.
• If you perform Track Search or Fast Forward/Reverse, Repeat Play is automatically canceled.
Random Play (RANDOM)
Random Play plays the tracks on a CD in random order for variety.
1. Press the FUNCTION button and select the Random mode (RANDOM) in the
2. Switch the Random Play
ON/OFF with the 5/∞
2. Switch the Repeat Play
ON/OFF with the 5/∞