Open as PDF
CONCEPTSYSTEM EXAMPLESCONNECTIONSPRODUCTSBLOCK DIAGRAMS
CONCEPT SYSTEM EXAMPLES CONNECTIONS PRODUCTS BLOCK DIAGRAMS
Sound Message Unit
This Sound Message Unit is intended for installation on the
WA-MA120N/240N mixing power amplifier (sold separately).
• It makes it easier to playback chimes or make
announcements that have been recorded to SD memory
• The built-in program timer function makes it possible to
make announcements on a set schedule.
• Emergency messages that have been registered to the
internal memory can be played back at the touch of a
• It is easy to create schedules with the support software (for
• Depending on different usage, announcement and
emergency announcement could be easily played back
• You can make announcements that have been recorded
on the sound message unit or a personal computer.
• You can assign any message to the three MESSAGE 1-3
• You can playback not only file in WAV format but also
that in MP3
• You can make announcements that have been previously
set from the MSG Control Input on the mixing power
• You can record messages to the SD memory card from
the REC IN terminal.
• You can switch the REC IN terminal sound source from
“Mic” to “Line” depending on the equipment connected.
• You can listen to the recorded messages on headphones
hooked up to the PHONES terminal.
• Recorded audio signals can be assigned to the
MESSAGE 1-3 switches and the MSG Control Input, and
played as announcements.
• You can playback messages according to the schedule,
which is configured in advance.
• Schedules (patterns) can be set in units of one day and
the patterns can be assigned to a day.
• You can make up to nine types of patterns and
announcements with 999 steps can be registered for
• You can quickly change the schedule by switching the
Making emergency announcements
• There are two types of emergency messages; EMG1 and
• You can write voice message up to 20 seconds on the
internal memory for each EMG1 and EMG2. You can
also write a signal up to 10 seconds on the internal
memory as a lead for the voice message. Emergency
message can be made even if the SD memory card has
• You can make emergency announcements by touching
just one switch. EMG 1 switch is for EMG 1 and EMG 2
switch is for EMG 2.
• You can from the mixing power amplifier’s EMG1 Control
Input (for EMG1) and EMG2 Control Input (for EMG2).
• Support software is provided so you can easily create a
schedule on your personal computer
• Download the schedule data that you create to the SD
memory card and just plug it into the sound message unit
to make scheduled announcements.
• This software can also be used to modify the system
settings and to manage messages.
*1 MP3 is MPEG1 Audio Layer III.
Supports Windows 2000 and Windows XP (Home/Professional).
(Languages include English and Simplified Chinese.)
EXPLANATION OF TERMINOLOGY
ABOUT THE SD MEMORY CARD
• Be sure to format the SD memory card on this Sound Message Unit before using it. (However, the SD
memory card provided was formatted at the factory and does not need to be formatted).
• SD memory cards formatted on a different machine or a personal computer (Windows standard formatting function) cannot be
used on this unit. Problems may occur preventing normal recording and playing back from these cards. If this happens, format
the card on this unit.
• SD memory cards with the following capacity (8 MB to 2 GB) can be used on this unit. (Panasonic cards are recommended.)
8 MB, 16 MB, 32 MB, 64 MB, 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB and 2 GB
• The actual available capacity of the SD card is less than that indicated.
• An SD card other than the recommended one may not work well in this unit.
• Do not use mini SD card or micro SD card.
• Multi Media Cards (MMC) cannot be used.
• If the access lamp is lit or flashing that means that data is being written to or from the card. If the Amplifier is turned off or the
SD memory card is removed it may malfunction or the data on the card may be lost.
• The data on the SD memory card may be lost or damaged due to electric interference, static electricity or a malfunction of this
unit or the card. Be sure to back up any important data to your personal computer.
• SD logo is a trademark.
Amplifier This refers to the mixing power amplifier WA-MA120N/240N.
Special messages announced during emergency situations. There are two messages, EMG1 and EMG2.
EMG1/EMG2 Messages announced in an event of emergency. EMG2 has a priority over EMG1.
Voice message Message announced in an event of emergency. Please register the message that is to be played
in an event of emergency as VOICE MESSAGE.
e.g. Fire! Evacuate the building quickly!
Signal The alarm given before voice message to arouse attention.
Message Audio messages announced during normal operations. There are two types, MSG and MSGS.
MSG These messages are created from one sound file. A maximum of 100 MSG can be used.
MSGS These messages are created from multiple MSG messages. A maximum of 50 MSGS can be used.
Announcement The back ground music can be interrupted and announcements, such as chimes or other messages,
can be made. If an announcement is played back while a different announcement is being played
back, the announcement that is made second is played back. All of the messages
recorded on the sound message unit are announcements.
BGM BGM is Back Ground Music (it is a message). If an announcement is made while BGM is playing,
the BGM is stopped and the announcement is played back. The BGM starts again when the
announcement is finished.
ABOUT THE INTERNAL CLOCK
The Sound Message Unit’s internal clock has a back up battery that operates for three months after the AC power is turned off.
However, the AC power needs to be hooked up for a minimum of 1.5-2 days to charge the battery.
Permission from the copyright holder may be necessary for some songs available on the market, depending on the song, the
reason it is used and the format in which it is used. Relevant laws should be followed in these situations.