Open as PDF
Connecting the Speakers
You can connect the following speakers:
• Two sets of front speakers to produce normal stereo sound
• One set of rear speakers to enjoy the surround effect
• One center speaker to produce more effective surround effect (to make human voices outstanding)
• One subwoofer to enhance the bass
For each speaker (except for subwoofer), connect one end of the speaker signal cable (not supplied) to the
speaker terminal on the rear panel and the other end to the speaker. (For connecting a subwoofer, see page 6).
1. Open each terminal.
2. Insert the end of the speaker signal cable as shown (be sure to remove the insulation at the end
of each wire first).
3. Close the terminals to clamp the speaker signal cables firmly in place.
4. Connect the black (–) and red (+) terminals on the rear panel to the black (–) and red (+)
terminals marked on the speakers.
When connecting speakers, use speakers with the same SPEAKER IMPEDANCE indicated by
the speaker terminals.
Connecting the front speakers
Connect the front speakers to the FRONT SPEAKERS terminals.
Connecting the rear and center speakers
Connect rear speakers to the REAR SPEAKERS terminals and a center speaker to the CENTER SPEAKER
When you connect rear speakers, make sure that both left and right speakers are connected; otherwise, no
sound will come out of the rear speakers.
AX-V5BK(EF)_0023-001A_En 97.4.24, 1:14 PM4