Open as PDF
Important Safety Instructions
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with a dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type
plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet,
consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus.
When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug
is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, or the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally
or has been dropped.
15. Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing and ensure that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, are placed on the apparatus.
16. To completely disconnect this apparatus from the AC Mains, disconnect the power supply cord plug from the AC receptacle.
17. The mains plug of the power supply cord shall remain readily operable.
18. Do not expose batteries to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
Important Safety Instructions
FCC Regulations (USA only)
FCC Information For Users
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following
two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference; and (2) this device
must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired
Radio and Television Interference
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and then on, the user is
encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment to a different outlet so that the equipment and receiver are
on different branch circuits.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
NOTE: Changes or modiﬁcations not expressly approved by Harman Kardon could void
the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
IC Statement and Warning (Canada only)
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003. Cet appareil numérique
de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
For Canadian Model Modèle pour les Canadien
This Class B digital apparatus complies with
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est
conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
Instructions for Users on Removal and Disposal of Used Batteries.
Specifications of Included Battery Types.
These symbols shown on the product, the packaging or in the manual or separate
information sheet mean that the product itself, as well as the batteries included or built
into the product, should never be thrown away with general household waste. Take them
to applicable collection points, where proper treatment, recycling and recovery takes
place, in accordance with national or local legislation, or European Directives 2002/96/
EC and 2006/66/EC.
Correct handling of the product and batteries to be disposed helps saving resources and
prevents possible negative effects on the environment or human health.
The batteries included with your equipment may be alkaline, carbon zinc/manganese
or lithium (button cells) type. All types should be disposed of according to the above
To remove the batteries from your equipment or remote control, reverse the procedure
described for inserting batteries in the owner’s manual.
For products with a built-in battery that lasts for the lifetime of the product, removal
may not be possible for the user. In this case, recycling or recovery centers handle the
dismantling of the product and the removal of the battery. If, for any reason, it becomes
necessary to replace such a battery, this procedure must be performed by authorized
THE EXCLAMATION POINT WITHIN AN EQUILATERAL TRIANGLE IS INTENDED TO
ALERT THE USER TO THE PRESENCE OF IMPORTANT OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE
(SERVICING) INSTRUCTIONS IN THE LITERATURE ACCOMPANYING THE PRODUCT.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
THE LIGHTNING FLASH WITH AN ARROWHEAD SYMBOL, WITHIN AN EQUILATERAL
TRIANGLE, IS INTENDED TO ALERT THE USER TO THE PRESENCE OF UNINSULATED
“DANGEROUS VOLTAGE” WITHIN THE PRODUCT’S ENCLOSURE THAT MAY BE OF
SUFFICIENT MAGNITUDE TO CONSTITUTE A RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK TO PERSONS.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
SEE MARKING ON BACK OF PRODUCT.