Open as PDF
DA-10407 World Wide — Version 3 — June 14, 2001
Sound™ PS115 Speakers
The Compaq Premier•Sound PS115 Speakers offer users a compact, high-end sound solution.
Compaq Premier•Sound PS115 Speakers offer users a compact, superb multimedia solution, providing crisp, clear highs, warm midranges and clean
robust basses for an impressive stereo sound experience.
This product is for users who need a more robust sound solution than a standard integrated desktop speaker. Specifically, this audience ranges from
mainstream application users to advanced film, video, and high-end post-production, to game developers and graphic designers.
The Compaq Premier•Sound PS115 Speaker system is targeted for both home and business users who need and want a more robust sound solution.
Specifically, this audience ranges from mainstream application users to advanced film, video, and high-end post- production, to game developers and
The Compaq Premier•Sound PS115 Speakers are designed to exceed the customer’s expectation of audio quality in small, compact, cost-effective
loudspeakers using the following advanced technologies:
• Wide frequency bandwidth down to 75 Hz allows for controlled, smooth, hi-fi like bass
• An amplifier capable of transmitting 18 W per channel so that distortion is controlled at both typical as well as low frequencies levels that require
• Transducer or speaker drive transforms the electric signals and delivers lower frequency output by lengthening the voice coils, increasing magnet
size, and enhancing the power handling capability
• Bass reflex loudspeaker enclosures contain the transducers and amplifiers and are specifically designed to enhance the bass output in a small
• The 10 stages of fixed equalization “shape” and “push the music back” so that a listener sitting 2-3 feet away is not blasted by the music, but rather
hears a natural sound reproduction.
• Attractive, slim form factor with cloth grille
• Tone Control (loudness control) – User is able to optimize system’s performance and listening for full response even at very low levels
• Volume control
• On/Off push button
• Green on/off light
• Headphone jack located on front of speaker
• Line in for CD and other devices
• Color coded connectors for easy hook-up
• Integrated, low distortion, stereo amplifier rated at 10 watts per channel (RMS at 1% THD)
• Exceptional low frequency output to 75 Hz provides wide spatial imaging
• Acoustically tuned bass reflex enclosure
• Low distortion, long throw, 3” full range drivers
• Power in one box – master/slave configuration
• External power supply
• Same color scheme as all Compaq products