Open as PDF
OEC1550 Troubleshooting Guide
Radio will not turn ON
• Try the reset button on the radio.
• Check fuse on the radio.
• Confirm 12V+ on battery wire to radio (YELLOW wire).
• Confirm 12V+ on accessory wire to radio (RED wire).
• Confirm Ground.
Radio turns ON, but no sound
• Verify Volume¸ Fader/Balance¸ Mute controls are set correctly (see owners
• Try RESET button.
• Verify proper speaker connections.
• Check for shorts or opens on speaker wires.
CD does not load fully
• Make sure unit has power and no other CD is currently inside.
• Inspect radio’s chassis to verify shipping screw(s) have been removed.
CD does not play correctly
• Check to make sure disc is inserted correctly.
• Verify disc is free from dirt, scratches, etc.
• Check with factory CDs.
• Check factory original CDs for compatibility warnings (due to various copy-
protection, multi-media content, etc).
• Disc skips during playback – verify you have not exceeded 30 degrees mounting
No AM or FM reception
• Verify you are tuned to a valid station.
• Check your antenna connection on rear of stereo.