Open as PDF
For your convenience, record the model number and serial number (you will find it in the
cassette holder of your set) in the space provided below. Please refer to them when you
contact your AIWA dealer in case of difficulty.
Model No. HS-RX418
Highlighted letters and numbers in the text of this manual correspond to the illustrations.
To maintain good performance
Do not use the unit in places which are extremely hot, cold, dusty or humid. In particular,
do not keep the unit:
• in a high humidity area such as a bathroom
• near a heater
• in an area exposed to direct sunlight (e.g., inside a parked car, where it can become
Note on listening with the headphones
• Listen at moderate volumes to avoid hearing damage.
• Do not wear the headphones while driving or cycling. It may create a traffic hazard.
• You should use extreme caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous
situations, such as walking, jogging, etc.
• Wear them properly; L is left, R is right.
• Take up any slack in the tape with a pencil or similar tool before use. Slack tape may
break or jam in the mechanism. → A
• 100-minute or longer tapes are extremely thin and easily deformed or damaged. They
are not recommended.
USING ON DRY CELL BATTERIES → B
Open the battery compartment and insert two size AA (R6) dry cell batteries with
the 0 and 9 marks correctly aligned.
Battery life (EIAJ 0.2 mW using alkaline batteries LR6)
Playback Approx. 30 hours
Replace the batteries with new ones when the OPE/BATT indicator becomes dim during
playback. If the unit remains in use after the OPE/BATT indicator becomes dim, “beep”
is heard several times and operation stops.
To maintain preset data
• When replacing the batteries, the unit will retain the preset station frequencies for
about 5 minutes. To prevent the erasure of the memories, replace the batteries within 5
• If non remote control headphones are used, unplug the headphones before taking out
Note on dry cell batteries
• Make sure that the 0 and 9 marks are correctly aligned.
• Do not mix different types of batteries, or an old battery with a new one.
• To prevent the risk of electrolyte leakage or explosions, never recharge the batteries,
apply heat to them, or take them apart.
• When not using the batteries, remove them to prevent needless battery wear.
• If liquid leaks from the batteries, wipe thoroughly to remove.
USING ON AC HOUSE CURRENT → C
Contact your nearest Aiwa service personnel and purchase an AC adaptor Aiwa
Connect the AC adaptor.
1 to DC 3 V jack
2 to a wall outlet
HOLD SWITCH → D
When operating with the main unit, release HOLD on the main unit. → a
When operating with the remote control, release HOLD on the remote control. → b
When not using the unit, set both HOLD to the hold position. → c
Accidentally pressed buttons will not function.
If buttons on the main unit are pressed when the HOLD switch is set to the HOLD
position, “hold” flashes in the display.
PLAYBACK → E
• Use only Type I (normal) tapes.
• Connect the supplied headphones to the remote control, then connect the remote
control to the \ jack on the main unit.
1 Release HOLD.
2 Insert a cassette.
Turn OPEN in direction of the arrow to open the cassette holder, and insert a cassette.
a Front side
b Reverse side
3 Press the d button.
Playback starts from the front side. The OPE/BATT indicator lights up.
4 Adj stthe vol me
STEREO RADIO CASSETTE PLAYER
RADIORREPRODUCTOR DE CASSETTE ESTEREOFONICO
INSTRUCCIONES DE MANEJO
Printed in Hong Kong
R6 (AA) × 2
DC 3 V