Open as PDF
Instructions for XT-1 Headset
Controls and Battery Charging
• Slide and hold the battery release.
• Remove the discharged battery from the battery housing.
• Insert a fully charged battery in the housing with the notch facing the battery
release. Make sure the battery is fully inserted (battery release clicks).
To charge a battery, insert the battery in one of the charging slots as shown.
• The indicator lights RED to indicate the battery is charging.
• The indicator lights GREEN to indicate the battery is charged.
• Charge batteries after every shift.
• For good health and hygiene, every headset should be cleaned on a regular schedule.
• Before cleaning, remove the battery and the soft foam ear pad from the headset and
microphone windscreen — if used.
• Use a damp soft cloth to wipe the surfaces clean. We recommend using a
5040/7065 Cleaning Wipe or a Scotch-Brite
High Performance Cloth.
• DO NOT soak the headset or immerse it in water; you might damage the electronics.
• DO NOT bend the microphone boom.
Taking Mode Listen Talk
Manual Push to Talk Presence On Used
Manual Manual Latching Presence On Used
Automatic Push to Talk Presence On Used
Automatic Manual Latching Presence On Used
Automatic Automatic Presence On Used
Manual Manual Latching Ignored Off Not Used
Always On Manual Latching Ignored Off Used
Order Taking Modes
See your Manager to conﬁrm which Order Taking Mode your headset is using.
Order Taking Mode Mode Description
• Headset beeps when vehicle is detected
• Tap Talk button to turn on Customer Order Point microphone and hear the customer
• Customer Order Point microphone stays on until vehicle departs
Push To Talk
• Push and Hold the Talk button to talk to the customer
• Release the Talk button to turn off microphone so customer cannot hear you (Mute)
• Headset beeps when vehicle detected; no buttons to push — automatically hear the customer
• Customer Order Point microphone automatically turns on and stays on until vehicle departs
• Tap the Talk button to talk to the customer
• Customer Order Point and Headset microphones stay on until you tap the Talk button again
or vehicle departs
• Green — Headset in Lane 1 Listen
• Amber – Headset in Lane 2 Listen
Page Button —Tap to Change Order Taker
Talk Button Lane 2
Talk Button Lane 1